Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A New Respect For Minorities

So I am going on two weeks here in Jamaica and have officially decided that I have a whole new respect for minorities in the states. Here, obviously unlike in the states Ericka and myself are the minority. We can not leave the house without having stares, this is not neccessarily done out of rudeness but simply curiousity. I can not begin to count the number of children who have asked to touch my skin and hair simply because it is not something they have seen alot if at all before. The only hard part is that is not really safe for us to be out on our own and that makes things a little crazy every now and then. However I will gladly take the negatives with the positives, but I do know that I will forever have a new respect for all minorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment