Sunday, May 17, 2009

Moral Dilemas

I sometimes find myself in the position of having to make hard decissions, as I am sure everyon is. Tonight was one of those nights. It was my cousins prom night and him and his girlfriend were going to come home after and have a little bit of alcohol and just hang out. I myself originally planned to not partake because I just dont feel its right for me. However, tonight the temptation was stronger than ever as I watched pretty much my entire family drink. I personally do not see a problem with having a little to drink every now and then I simply have a problem with people who get drunk All things in moderation. I ultimately decided not to drink after debating in my head for nearly an hour of being asked repeatedly if I wanted a drink. Although I do not feel it would have been wrong for me to have had one I did come to the realization thanks to a friend of mine that I am constantly being watched and me being the only christian in my household has a reputation/example to live up to and I didnt want to take the risk of messing up any thing I had been working to build up. I look back now on something that happened just a couple hours ago and I don't regret it. I had just as much fun as they did and stayed sober. The greatest part of the evening that made it all worth it was when my cousins girlfriend looked over to me and said I respect your decission and realize your the real deal. That was more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment